"Be the change you wish to see in the world."
– Mahatma Gandhi
The purpose of DoctorBeDancing is to demonstrate the power of the individual in improving their community by embracing their individuality.
About the Project
#DoctorBeDancing is a grassroots charity busking project revolving around the idea that our individuality can be used positively to help the community around us. Basically, I travel with my boombox and perform on the streets to raise money for charity. It is as much as about raising money for those in need as it is for encouraging others to use whatever they can offer to inspire the world to become a happier place.
The most important part of the project is: you. Your contributions via live donations, photographs, videos, social media hashtags, media, word of mouth and online donations is critical to allowing the project to thrive and continuing to inspire. So, please, contribute in any way you can and let's have our voice heard!
I love to collaborate and help out with the community, so if you have any ideas, shoot me an e-mail: DoctorBeDancing@gmail.com or use the contact tab above!
Dr. Oz Show: http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/short-burst-diet-it-safe?video_id=4526506039001
NBC Nightly New: http://www.nbcnews.com/nightly-news/video/dancing-doctor-hits-the-streets-for-charity-506361411662
Charities Supported to Date
- Cradles to Crayons - $5850 + $100/month recurring since 1/20/16 (https://www.cradlestocrayons.org/)
- Animal Rescue League of Boston - $1325 + $50/month recurring since 11/12/15 (http://www.arlboston.org/)
- Community Servings - $760 + $25/month recurring since 8/13/15 (http://www.servings.org/index.cfm)
- Union of Concerned Scientists (UCS) - $25/month recurring since 7/27/15 (http://www.ucsusa.org/supportUCS)
- Starlight Children's Foundation - $125 + $50/month recurring since 2/12/16 (http://www.starlight.org/)
- Rosie's Place - $25/month recurring since 8/12/15 (http://www.rosiesplace.org/)
- Wounded Warrior Project - $25/month recurring since 8/12/15 (http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/)
- GiveDirectly via GiveWell - $125 + $50/month recurring since 12/20/15 (http://www.givewell.org/international/top-charities/give-directly)
- Enabling the Future - $50/month recurring since 9/22/15 (http://enablingthefuture.org/)
- Boston Police Foundation - $250 (https://bostonpolicefoundation.org/)
- DonorsChoose - $50/month recurring since 10/9/15 (http://www.donorschoose.org/)
- PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center - $250 + $50/month recurring since 11/20/15 (http://www.pacer.org/bullying/)
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute - $500 (http://www.dana-farber.org/How-to-Help.aspx)
- Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America - $1000 (http://www.ccfa.org/) on behalf of Jeremy Lechan for helping spread the word for DBD
- Lifebox - $1000 (http://www.lifebox.org/) in collaboration with Mass Soc Anes
- Stand for Children Leadership Center - $50/month recurring since 8/19/16 (https://stand.org/oregon/donate)